I reached out to my amazing and talented friend, Vikki Rodriguez, to teach you all this delicious mango pavlova recipe. That's right, this is real baking right here!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 and 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 5 ripe mangoes
1. Preheat oven to 350°C
2. Whip your egg whites till light and fluffy. They should go from looking like the photo on the left to the photo on the right. ;)
3. Slowly add caster sugar to the eggs. Putting in 2 tbsp at a time and whipping it until it is fully incorporated. When you're done it'll look so smooth and glossy.
4. Chop up the chocolate.
5. Fold in the chocolate and balsamic vinegar. Leave out some chocolate to sprinkle on top later.
6. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, pile on the mixture and spread it out to make a circle.
7. Pop it into the oven, immediately lower your oven temperature from 350°C to 300°C so you don't burn your pavlova. Bake for 45 mins.
8. Leave it in the oven to cool for another 15-20 mins before taking it out and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. While you wait, use a melon baller and ball your mangoes and chill your whip cream.
10. Top with whip cream, mangoes, and the left over dark chocolate.
Ohhh deliciousness. Easily one of the most impressive things I've ever attempted to bake and it wasn't difficult at all to make. So give it a go and enjoy x
If you gram it, tag Vikki and I! @jackkayephoto @vikkirodriguez #thesundayproject