I love the fresh and tart flavor of lemons, so this citrusy dessert was right up my alley! This came out way more lemony than I had intended but I love it anyway. Here's the recipe:
½ cups sugar
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
200 grams butter (roughly 2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 cups lemon juice (use 1/2 c if you aren't into super tart desserts)
⅓ cups flour
To make it pretty: Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all your crust ingredients until large crumbs are formed. If it looks too dry just add some cold water, 1-2 tbsp.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and bring together. Then transfer onto your baking sheet and refrigerate the baking dish for 20-30 minutes.
4. Bake for 15 minutes and cool to room temperature.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the filling. Pour over the baked crust and bake for 30 minutes. You'll know it'd done when you stick a knife or toothpick in it and it comes out clean.
6. Dust powdered sugar all along the top before you serve it to make it look extra delectable.
We ate these up on a recent boating trip and they were a huge hit! The ocean breeze, good music, and fresh treats were a perfect combination.
If you try this out, be sure to take pictures and tag me @jackkayephoto #thesundayproject!