Last friday I tried out this Spring Summer Veg Lasagne recipe from Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals series. Since my family is doing the whole no meat on Friday thing for Lent, it was the perfect time to break out the veggie option for everyone to try. Made a few changes depending on what I had available and it turned out beautifully. So full of flavor you'll hardly notice the missing meat.
30 g tin of anchovies
6 cloves of garlic
700 g of asparagus
700 g frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots, peas, and corn. The original recipe uses 500g of frozen peas and 300 g of broad beans)
300 ml veggie stock (you can also use chicken stock)
300 ml all purpose cream (the original recipe uses single cream)
500 g ricotta cheese (the original recipe calls for cottage cheese)
12 sheets lasagne
1-2 tsp Mint
1. Chop up your spring onions, asparagus, and garlic.
2. In a large pan heat 4-5 tbsps of oil, put in the asparagus stalks. Leave the tips to top the lasagne later. After a few minutes, add spring onions and garlic. Then season.
3. Add the oil from the anchovy tin with 4-5 fillets of anchovies.
4. Add the zest of half a lemon, the frozen veggies, mint, cream, stock, and ricotta cheese. But leave some cheese for topping later on.
5. In a large baking dish start building your lasagne. Pour in your filling, then a layer of lasagne sheets, then some parmesan cheese. And repeat. Top with the remaining ricotta cheese.
6. Coat your asparagus tips with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. And top your lasagne with the tips.
7. Bake for 15 mins in a 200C oven.
If you try this, take a photo and tag me @jackkayephoto #thesundayproject!