I love banana bread. This is my go to recipe for dense, sweet but not too sweet, yummy banana bread.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup sugar (divided)
2 egg yolks
2/3 cup buttermilk (if you can't find buttermilk you can substitute with 2/3 cup milk + 1 tsp. vinegar)
1 cup banana, mashed
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 190 C.
2. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and add 1 cup sugar gradually. Beat well. Add an egg yolk one at a time, then add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Fold in mashed bananas and set aside.
3. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff.
4. Fold the egg white mixture into the banana mixture.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 mins. or until brown.