Don't make this. I'm serious. This is the one time I would encourage you not to make something. It makes for fantastic eye candy but it is sweet as all heck and it will make you sick. Or diabetic. I just can't be responsible for that. So once again, don't make this.
I know it looks mouthwateringly good. And it is good. So very good. I put in some sea salt as well, so it's got that nice sweet but salty goodness to it. But seriously, don't make this.
Would you just look at it though... alright, fine! You win. I'll tell you have to make them, but don't say I didn't warn you.
1 cup shortening
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup dark mini chocolate chips (they have to be mini ones)
1 cup (chopped) dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and grease your shot moulds with butter. I didn't want to buy a shot mould for just this one recipe so I used a muffin tin and that worked just fine.
2. Cream together the shortening and the white and brown sugars. Then add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. I saved the whites to make a healthy omelette for the next day and after eating this, you'll want something healthy for the next day!
3. Gradually add your flour and salt. Then throw in your mini chocolate chips.
4. Push the batter along the walls of your mould and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 mins. As you can see mine are a little thick, that is because I was paranoid that they would break apart when I'd try to get them out of the muffin tin. I think these would be better if they were thinner maybe? Try it and let me know.
5. Bake for 20 mins and remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. While that is cooling down, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave. Heat it up for a minute, take it out and stir, then heat for another minute. Do this until it is completely smooth.
7. Pour your melted chocolate into the cookie, swirl it around to completely coat the inside. You have to do this step. If you don't the cookie will slowly disintegrate when you pour in your milk.
8. Put everything back into the refrigerator until the chocolate has completely set, then enjoy.
That's all of it! Serve with cold milk and in a well lit area because you know you'll be taking pictures of this. And if you do (amazing segue) tag me on Twitter or Instagram @jackkayephoto. Don't forget the hashtag #TheSundayProject.
Love you all lots, till next time!