Parchment Baked Salmon
I love salmon, it's such a delicious fish on its on that you hardly need to do anything to it. And it's so good for you as well! Here's a quick healthy recipe for baked salmon that's sure to make your taste buds happy.
For this recipe you will need:
These are the quantities per parchment, if you're cooking for two or three people then just double or triple this part accordingly.
1 Salmon Fillet
4-5 stalks of Asparagus
1/2 cup sliced Mushrooms
1 Spring Onion
1. Chop the hard wooden bit off the end of the asparagus, then cut the asparagus in half, lengthwise.
2. Slice your mushrooms and spring onions. Throw them into a medium sized bowl with your asparagus. Zest one lemon into the bowl. Then add about 1/4 cup of olive oil (just enough to coat everything). Add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss everything.
3. Season your salmon on both side with salt and pepper.
4. Cut a 12"x14" sheet of parchment paper. Fold the sheet in half then open it up again to make a crease. Place your asparagus mixture on one side of the paper, about an inch away from the crease, creating a bed for your salmon. Put your salmon on top of the asparagus. Add a tablespoon of water then fold the paper over the salmon and seal the edges together by making small pleats all the way around the fish. (When you're done it will look like a huge empanada).
5. Place your parchment packets onto a baking tray and bake for 9 minutes at 200 °C.
6. Transfer the packet right onto a place and serve in the parchment.