10 Minute Vodka Pasta
This is such an easy and delicious recipe. Perfect for when you have company coming over and not a lot of time to whip something together.
If you want to add a little protein to this dish, I've made this with some bacon thrown in and it was just delicious. The is quite a heavy pasta, very rich and creamy so I would suggest pairing it with something that will really cut through the flavor. Like the sake I heated up in my previous video! And that's exactly what I served my sisters when we made this at home.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup vodka
A 7 oz. can tomato puree
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil salted water in a large pot, then add pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat up your oil in a pan. Then add butter. After the butter has melted, add the garlic and the onions. Cook into soft.
3. Add the vodka and cook for a couple of minutes to cook off the alcohol.
4. Then, mix in the tomato puree.
5. Finally, mix the heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Throw in your cooked pasta and toss in the pan.