Another good for you and your taste buds recipe from my sister Diane. Tonight we're cooking up some vegetarian bibimbap.
There were a lot of components to this recipe but putting it all together was actually pretty easy. Check out the video to see how we did it.
Vegetarian Bibimbap (Good for four. Or three with big appetites.)
200 grams lettuce
200 grams mushrooms
200 grams tofu
1 cup kimchi
2 cups of rice
Gochujang to taste
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp grated or chopped ginger
2 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp honey
2 tsps chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Chop up the carrots, cucumber, radishes, and mushrooms into match-like sticks. Chop the mango and tofu into cubes.
2. Marinate the tofu and cucumber.
3. Roughly chop the lettuce and kimchi.
4. In a stone hot pot (or a regular pot) on a low heat, fill up to 2/3 full of rice.
5. Boil carrots until soft and place on top of rice. Do the same for the radishes.
6. Quickly stir fry the mushrooms and lettuce and add those to your pots.
7. Add in mango, kimchi, tofu, and cucumber.
8. Fry up and egg and put it on top of everything. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add gochujang to taste.